is a diagnostic tool that we’ve been developing with our clients over recent years. It’s designed to assess thoroughly where organisations and teams are in terms of breakthrough innovation. It identifies the key barriers, which are sometimes hidden from senior management, and recommends the appropriate treatment.
It is built in response to the latest innovation research studies conducted by colleagues at City University London, and our own extensive experience in innovation.Innovation Triage®
has a series of phases.
First, a consultation with senior management to gather their perspectives on why breakthrough innovation seems so hard in their organisation.
Second, a diagnostic research phase, to discover which of the 24 barriers (that we know are blockers of breakthrough innovation) are the main ones within the client’s own organisation.
Third, a workshop to create a tailor-made treatment programme.
Fourth, the implementation of the treatment programme.
Fifth, a tracking study to determine how things are changing.
We can also tailor a programme to meet your specific needs, incorporating elements such as:
• Creating innovation vision and strategy
• Shaping key projects
• Building star teams
• Getting breakthrough ideas
• Finding hidden insights
• Tapping the creativity of consumers/customers
• Moving ideas into action
• Working through pilot stage to roll-out
• Transforming the innovation potential of the whole organisation
• Coaching top management and positioning as innovation masters
• Developing skills in receptivity, creativity, innovation leadership, meeting management, working with consumers/customers